Dallas Area Interfaith leaders within schools and congregations are organizing Health Care Marketplace education sessions and signups faciliated by area Navigators and Certified Application Counselors at various locations around Dallas and Collin counties. Some sessions are English only, some Spanish only, and some bilingual. Check out the list below for scheduled opportunties and check back often as new dates are being added almost daily.
Members of host institutions and all area neighbors are encouraged to attend to learn more about the new insurance exchanges, to register, or to signup for health insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare). Each person wishing to enroll should bring the following:
- Proof of Citizenship (SS card or passport)
- Proof of State Residency (Driver's License, copy of lease, or utility bill)
- Proof of Income (tax return, W-2, or pay stub)
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool to determine if your employer's coverage is affordable and meets minimum standards (https://www.healthcare.gov/downloads/ECT_Application_508_130615.pdf)
- Proof of Legal Residence/Immigration Status (Green Card)
- Method of Payment (How you will pay for the insurance plan. No payment is required at signup.)
- Applicant's Alien Registration Card (I551) if not an American Citizen
These community-wide education and enrollment events are the result of over two years of effort to bring affordable health care to Dallas County by the diverse faith-based and school member institutions of Dallas Area Interfaith. It follows DAI's public announcement of its plans on October 17, 2013 at an action attended by regional Health and Human Services Director Marjorie Petty and Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, and kicks off similar events in a number of DAI member institutions throughout the Dallas area. President Obama stopped by on Wednesday, November 6th, to recognize, thank and encourage volunteer DAI leaders for their work educating area residents about the quality, affordable health care now available for more north Texans.
Upcoming events include the following:
- Date to Be Determined - Marketplace Learn and Enroll Event (Bilingual) Check back for date, time and location.
- Date to Be Determined - Certified Application Counselor Training - (Enlish) Check back for date, time and location.
Check back here and the DAI Calendar for more events and opportunities coming soon.
DAI Leaders have developed a number of helpful aids for anyone seeking to understand the insurance options available in the Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act, many of which are now being used by area Navigators and Certified Application Counselors. View or download them below.