DAI Celebrates 20 Years in the Community doing what it does best!
Join DAI and community leaders on Saturday, November 8th, from 11:30 am until 3:30 pm, in Building S on the campus of Eastfield College, 3737 Motley Drive, Mesquite, TX 75150 as they demonstrate how their work has benefited the community and created better lives. Activities available will include:
- Asthma Screenings by healthcare professionals
- Learn from police officers how DAI's work reduced the overall crime rate in Dallas, bringing the city's murder rate to the lowest since the 1960s
- Bring your no longer used durable medical equipment to be cleaned, sanitized and recycled by DME Exchange of Dallas, and pick up an application packet if you need DME yourself, including canes, walkers, rollators, wheelchairs, scooters, bedside commodes, shower chairs, tub transfer benches, patient lifts, & hospital beds and plastic covered mattresses.
- Learn how you can sign up for marketplace healthcare as soon as the open enrollment period begins November 15th
- Get help enrolling your children in CHIP
- Learn about the incredible history of Dallas Area Interfaith and its improvement of our public schools, the Parkland Health Care System, the Dallas Public Libraries, getting Collin County to pay for more of the costs for health care for their indigent residents, and many more
- Learn how Skill QUEST, Inc. was started and is now lifting low income working adults into high skilled, family living wage jobs with benefits and great career paths
- Learn how DAI is fighting for family living wage jobs for all area residents
- Learn how DAI is fighting wage theft for construction workers and immigrants in the area
- Learn how DAI is fighting for rest breaks for construction workers to create safer, healthier work environments
- Learn how Dallas Area Interfaith worked with survivors of hurricane Katrina and helped to form the Katrina Survivors Network
- Bring your children and yourself to enjoy KIDS Korner and food trucks that will be available on site.
For more information, call the DAI office at 214-889-5988.
For a flyer you can post to promote the event at your institution, CLICK HERE.